Helping Families with Legal Matters for Over 20 Years
Representation for Clients in Livermore and surrounding areas throughout Alameda, Contra Costa & San Joaquin Counties
Do you face a family law challenge in or around Livermore? If so, you can turn to me, attorney Jeff. M. Bickerton of The Bickerton Law Firm. I am highly qualified to resolve your issue. As an experienced family law lawyer, I have handled hundreds of cases from the basic and uncontested to complex, contested cases requiring an experienced litigator in court.
Discuss your family law or business issue with me in a free, initial consultation. Contact The Bickerton Law Firm online or at (925) 433-8619.
As a family law attorney serving Livermore and the surrounding areas, I handle a range of legal issues, including:
- Family Law: This includes divorce/marital dissolution law, legal separations, the drafting and review of prenuptial and post-marital agreements, the enforcement and modification of support awards, and paternity actions. These cases can be emotionally taxing and complex, which is why it is important to enlist the help of an attorney to provide a levelheaded approach to guide you through the legal process.
- Mediation: I provide cost effective mediation services to help resolve divorce and family law disputes in less adversarial approach in order to save my clients time, money, and additional stress. This process can also keep the case out of court, as both parties resolve to settle their differences privately.
- Divorce: When a couple chooses to go their separate ways, many important legal actions must be settled. This includes marital property division, custody and visitation issues, alimony, and other divorce-related matters. My attention to detail and client-focused approach has helped numerous clients protect their best interests throughout the legal process.
- Marital Property Division: Financial issues are often some of the most contentious to deal with when going through a divorce, separation, or other family law matter. My firm can help you with the handling and division of all assets and debt, including retirement accounts, homes that are “under water,” and family-owned businesses.
- Custody and Visitation: I have resolved hundreds of disputes involving the negotiation and litigation of custody and visitation while pursuing what is in the best interests of the child or children involved. These legal actions include modifying and enforcing parenting plans after the divorce or separation agreement has been signed as well as handling initial custody and visitation-related matter while divorce is still pending.
- Child Support: I help clients understand child support obligations under the California guidelines and can assist with modifications to existing support orders in order to seek a fair amount needed to raise a child or children.
- Alimony/Spousal Support: Whether you are seeking alimony or are the party that has been ordered to pay support, I help separating couples protect their best interests. This includes temporary and permanent alimony as well as modifying and enforcing current support orders.
- Business Law: I handle commercial and business issues, such as the formation of business entities; the purchase or sale of a business interest; employment counseling; the drafting, review, and negotiation of contracts; transactional matters; and general business counseling. I served as secretary of the Rotary Club of Livermore Valley and of the Rotarian Foundation of Livermore for many years. My involvement with Rotary and other business-related groups means it is likely that I am familiar with your industry, if not your actual business.
Contact me online or at (925) 433-8619 to arrange for a complimentary consultation about your legal matter today.