Handing Property Divison Matters That Arise During Divorce
Property division can involve confusing scenarios including:
- A self-employed spouse whose income is difficult to verify
- A co-owned or family-owned business
- Complex retirement and stock option accounts
- A home that is “underwater” due to the collapse in home prices
- Negative estates where debt exceeds assets
Property Law Legal Help During Divorce From An Experienced California Family And Business Law Lawyer
I am Jeff M. Bickerton of The Bickerton Law Firm, APLC, and I bring both the family law and business law experience I believe is necessary to provide clients with their best-possible results in marital property division disputes. I have:
- Handled hundreds of family law cases and hundreds of business law transactions
- Served as general counsel for a large, international corporation
Creative Solutions To Your Unique Property Division Challenge
Legally and procedurally, dividing marital property is similar to dividing a business partnership. Each involves the valuation of the property, an investigation of ownership interests and negotiations.
I have successfully handled the division of marital property in hundreds of divorce cases. I work with couples who just want a fair division and couples with serious concerns regarding a spouse’s actual versus claimed assets. I focus my practice on creatively solving issues ranging from homes that are “upside down” to highly contested divorces involving high-value estates. When negotiations fail to deliver results, I will aggressively litigate your financial interests. For more information, please contact my office.
Contact My Law Firm For Guidance
I offer free initial office and phone consultations, accept credit cards, charge competitive rates and operate an office conveniently located right off the freeway and near downtown Livermore. To contact a Livermore marital property division attorney, call 925-344-4166.